Galena Street East
Galena Street East Service
Community Service builds character - Character makes a better performer
As we move into our 43rd year of developing the talents of youth in Sacramento, we remain dedicated to provide our young performers opportunities to combine music, charitable giving and community service. As founders and directors of the non-profit group Galena Street East, we have encouraged thousands of young performers to use their time and talents in serving the community and the world.
Jeri and Richard Clinger
Below are a few of the community and worldwide service projects Galena Street East has performed:
• Community Day of Service -Reimagine Mack Road-Planting trees and painting fences
• Made and donated hundreds of blankets to Sacramento County Health and Human Services
• Donated items and provided cleaning service to Kiwanis House
• Collected bandages for Orlando, Florida Children’s Hospital
• Collected material and assembled hygiene kits for homeless shelter in Oahu Hawaii
• Collected toys and books for Kiwanis House at the Sacramento Medical Center
• Donated performance for Shriners Children Hospital Sacramento, CA
• Collected toys for the Boston, MA. Children’s Hospital
• Donated services for UCD Children’s Hospital by recording commercial for hospital and Sacramento Republics FC
• Collected and donated 100 stuffed bears for use by the Sacramento Sheriff’s Department
• Purchased 50 books on adjusting to the death of a loved one, for use by the Mayor in Wiltshire, England
• Collected toys for a children’s hospital in Innsbruck, Austria
• Donated performances for local senior citizens and convalescent hospitals in Sacramento, California
• Donated performances honoring the Veterans in Hawaii, Washington D.C., Sacramento, Florida, Virginia, and New York City.
• Christmas letters and boxes to service men and women serving overseas
• Inspirational performances with a message: Our Music/Speakers Bureau called “Fireside”, performed programs for youth and adult groups encouraging a positive lifestyle. In “Songs To Live By”, Galena sings and speaks on strengthening families, making good choices, resisting peer pressure. Approximately 25 hours a year is spent on this doing these programs.
• Service to “Project Birthday”: We give a birthday party for the children of St. John’s Shelter. Performed this service for 5 years.
• Donated performances for fundraisers for schools and art organizations in Sacramento and Elk Grove, CA.